|The 19th Annual Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics Massachusetts is not your average dip! It is an exciting (and cool) fundraising event that takes place every winter.
Here is how it works:|
1. Each Plunger should register in advance of the event through the website www.PolarPlungeMA.org. This helps make the on-site registration process run much more smoothly. However, walk-on plungers are also welcome as long as they have collected their pledges before the start of the event.
2. Once registered, Plungers raise money (a minimum of $100.00), through the collection of donations from friends, family, co-workers, fundraising event, etc. Each registered Plunger is given a free Polar Plunge website. Plungers can accept donations right on their web page, and use it to spread the news about how cool their friends and family can feel about participating in the Plunge - as donors or other Plungers!
3. On the day of the Plunge, all Plungers will check in starting at 10 AM. At that time, they will turn in any checks or cash they have collected and they will receive their t-shirt if they met the $100 fundraising minimum.
4. Plungers and guests can then hang out in the main tent or enjoy the sights and sounds of a beautiful winter New England day at the beach.
5. At approximately 11:15 AM all costumed Plungers will participate in the costume parade, with winners being announced at the post-Plunge awards ceremony.
6. Then, it's into the ocean! Volunteers will be on hand to direct Plungers and assist as needed as everyone takes a quick mid-winter dip!
7. Immediately after the Plunge all Plungers will be directed to the locker rooms or tents to change into some warm clothes. Sorry, there are no showers available.
8. The post-Plunge ceremony will begin under the heated tent. The Post-Plunge bash will feature music, food, fun and prizes!
9. At approximately 12:30 PM, we will start the awards ceremony.
Event History: The Polar Plunge (previously the Passion Plunge) was established in 1999 as a fundraiser for Special Olympics Massachusetts. So far, our Plungers have worked together to raise over $3.2 million for the Athletes of Special Olympics Massachusetts.
Revere Beach, Revere
|Registration||3/4/2017 10:00 am - 11:45 am|
|Costume Parade||3/4/2017 11:15 am - 11:25 am|
|Safety Briefing||3/4/2017 11:45 am - 11:50 am|
|PLUNGE!!!!||3/4/2017 12:00 pm - 12:05 pm|
|Awards Ceremony||3/4/2017 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm|
|Plunger: No Fees|
I'm taking the Plunge!
|Chicken: No Fees|
I'm going to hang out on land in the Chicken Coop!
|Virtual Plunger: No Fees|
I can't be at the Plunge this year, but I will Plunge in spirit!